Welcome from the Dean
The purpose of our church is to serve God as the body of Christ in our community
St Mary's Church is the main church in the United Benefice of Hadleigh, Layham and Shelley. Across the churches we offer a wide and rich range of Anglican worship. We seek to proclaim the Christian Good News in word and servanthood, being active partners in God's Mission both locally and wider afield. We take the ministry of welcome seriously, so if you are a visitor or someone seeking to join a church community, we would love to meet you. Please contact us, or you are most welcome to join us at one of our three congregations that meet on Sunday and during the week - simply check out the church calendar for details.
Art Exhibition 2013
If you had been in Church on Friday the 19th of April, you would have found the place buzzing with local artists bringing their paintings and other works of art to exhibit at St. Mary's Church Annual Art Exhibition. That evening invited guests attended the opening of the exhibition and were able to view the exhibits, a number of which were purchased.
Stations of the Cross
A new set of images representing the fourteen Stations of the Cross have been created for St.Mary’s Church. They have been made in various media by groups and churches within the benefice as well as the four schools in Hadleigh. They are very varied, essentially modern, challenging and very original.
The Hadleigh Benefice website is being continually updated and improved. The most recent enhancements are as follows:
- The FROGS page has been updated including a slide show of pictures taken at varous events CLICK here to view .
- The Cafe Church Page now has a similar slide show. CLICK here to view.
- A photo gallery of the St. Mary's leadership team is now available. CLICK here to view.
- Rotas can be viewed and downloaded HERE, but you will need to login to access them.
- Also check out the other news stories on the Home Page, which includes some photos taken at the Art Exhibition by Wendy Atkins.
Do explore the other sections of the website as church members have been continually adding and updating content.
Challenge of Change - News
"Change can feel uncomfortable and risky, but these days it is an ever increasing force in society... Decisions on what and how and when we change will inevitably affect growth or decline in a church, and also have a major impact on people.”